Posted on Leave a comment

More driftwood!

Here’s another driftwood project I’ve been working on recently: a windchime for my sister-in-law’s birthday:

This is made out of a piece of driftwood onto which I pyro’d Lizzie’s name and a few butterflies.  My OH used to be a plumber and we had some leftover copper pipe lying in the garden, so I cut it into different lengths, drilled holes at the top and polished them up (steel wool would have been best for this, but I didn’t have any so had to use a scourer which eventually did the trick but took MUCH longer!!).  The pipes are attached to the wood with fishing line which is strong but flexible, so gives good movement.  The copper pipes worked brilliantly and it sounded FANTASTIC!

Leave a Reply